Happy Thanksgiving to all the deck lovers out there! We’ve got so many things to be thankful for this year – our amazing team, partners and customers. We thought this is a perfect opportunity to share our thanks with all of you.
At Timbertown Austin we’re. . .
- Thankful for the people and friendships that make up our associates, customers, vendors and suppliers.
- Thankful for the personal relationships we’ve developed, influenced and shared life with over the last year.
- Thankful for being able to provide the little things (Georgetown 4-H Rockets), the personal things (Brzezinski Family) and the community things (Helping Hand Home) by giving to others when they need it most.
- Thankful that our destiny isn’t determined by the rest of the world.
- Thankful that our vision, dreams and goals are so much bigger than any one of us.
In life there is so much to be thankful for, but all too often we let the setbacks and misfortunes overshadow all the good things. Use Thanksgiving as an opportunity to focus on only the positives – even if your favorite NFL team doesn’t come out on top.
Giving Thanks for Giving Back
Nothing is as rewarding as helping others that are in need. It puts things in perspective and makes you much more thankful for everything you have in your own life. This year Timbertown Austin has been involved with Helping Hand Home for Children.
This organization provides hugely valuable services to children in need in the Austin area. Since 1983 Helping Hand Home for Children has given shelter and care to children that have no home to call their own. From newborns to eighteen year olds the organization offers:
- Therapeutic foster care
- Adoption services
- Individual and group therapy
- Tutoring services
- Onsite charter school
- Therapeutic recreation
- Computer assisted learning
For children that have experienced extreme neglect and abuse it is a truly life changing experience that helps them learn to trust adults again. There are so many ways that community members can get involved with this worthy charity organization from volunteering onsite to donating funds to helping out with special events.
Helping Hand Home for Children is just one of many charity groups here in Central Texas. Thanksgiving is the perfect opportunity to research organizations that you want get involved with and give others in need a reason to be thankful this holiday season.
Image Source: http://www.flickr.com/photos/blancamejia/8208232901/
Original Source: http://timbertownaustin.com/timbertown-austin-news-and-events/giving-thanks-and-giving-back-in-austin